GOOD BY 2012, HELLO 2013


Libby and Mark
 Sitting here at work.I am at " The Estates"Working a 2.30 pm to 8 am .First client is Sarah S.  2:30 pm to 8 am The second Francis J.(right across the hall) Is from 8 pm to 8 am.( I have a twin bed in the living room on the night shift.I sleep when she she sleeps.YES I'm working on News Years Eve  I am grateful to God for the job Even though I'm missing celebrating the New Year with my Church Family.We have Church tonight from 8 to 11 pm, then afterwards a lot of us get together and eat/ fellowship. I decided to work.
                                                  Tonight work had a News Years Eve dinner in the dining hall for the residents that live at "The Estates".It is a real nice place one and two bedroom apartments.Two story. About 100 apartments.They had the dining hall decorated and different kinds of food. My  buddy Mark worked till 8pm, So we all sat together, He is a character.
He was letting two of the ladies 88 and 89 feel his muscles at the dinner table, They giggled like High school girls. Oooed and Awed over him. We had a lot of fun. It was a Blessing for him to come in and assist. He and his Wife had plans, but he needed the work so he came in for awhile. I love sitting and listening to the elderly tell there stories.
When we would ask a question about their lives there eyes would like up.
They'd tell it with such detail .

                                      As I look back on 2012 I'm trying to come up with a list of huge accomplishments and goals. Truth is nothing really comes to mind. Except that fact I am grateful. I still have my Family and my health (Sounds clique) its true, having lost most of my Family and being healed by God after a two year illness of H pylori and Ulcers,
I am grateful.My goal was to buy  a home in 2012, but not yet.
I love the house I'm renting. It feels like Home to me.
I say that because in 2010 I lost my home of 30 something years to a crooked bank scam.
After moving I had to renew my driver license. I realized from the age of 18 to 45.
 never had to change the address on my D.L. till now.
And I remind myself, God has a plan for everything, That includes Change.

                                       
I am looking forward to 2013. Great expectations, and planning on enjoying life a little more, Blessed to have my little dog  Nuggett  with me.
                         To many years of heartache and sorrow.Time to see what new things are in store for Johns World
I want to wish you a Blessed New Year and may you smile a little more, laugh often and ease up on the worrying.

Comments

  1. I wish you the greatest new year for 2013! Happy New Year! sandie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"PORTAGUE FESTA"

COVID19 living life in social distancing

WOW I DIDNT SEE THAT COMING